Here are today’s intellectual freedom-related activities at the ALA Annual Conference in Washington, DC:
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. IFRT II, the second business meeting of the Intellectual Freedom Round Table, Renaissance Washington, Room 3
- 10:30 a.m.-Noon, IFC/COL program, Privacy, Libraries, and the Law, featuring Leslie Harris, Lillie Coney, and Anne Klinefelter. Washington Convention Center, Room 146B.
- 1:30-3:30 p.m., IFC/Association of American Publishers program, Blasphemy! When Religious Values Clash with Intellectual Freedom Values, featuring Irshad Manji and Paul Sturges. Washington Convention Center, Room 206.
- 4:00-5:30 p.m., IFC III, the third business meeting of the Intellectual Freedom Committee, Washington Convention Center, Room 204A.
- 6:30-9:30 p.m., Merritt Fund 40th Anniversary Gala, Folger Shakespeare Library.