For a (nearly) complete list of intellectual freedom-related programs and meetings at the ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim, visit the OIF conference events page. The ALA Conference Scheduler is also a great place to search events and identify where you want to be and when.
Some “don’t miss” events (ACC stands for Anaheim Convention Center):
- THURSDAY, JUNE 21 – FTRF Board Meeting (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., ACC 201A) and FTRF Member Reception (5:00-6:30 p.m., ACC 202A). ALL WELCOME!
- FRIDAY, JUNE 22 – IF 101, for those new to ALA, to conference, or to the IF community (12:30-1:30 p.m., ACC 210D)
- SATURDAY, JUNE 23 – IFRT program, featuring John Tinker, plaintiff from the famed Tinker v. Des Moines Supreme Court case (1:30-3:30 p.m., Hilton Huntington room)
- SUNDAY, JUNE 24– lots!
- Ethics program on copyright (1:30-3:00 p.m., Hilton Palos Verdes room)
- IFC/FTRF Issues Briefing Session – with a focus on filtering and the law (4:00-5:30 p.m., Hilton Huntington)
- Merritt Fund “Reception for a Cause” – ALL WELCOME! (6:00-8:00 p.m., Hilton Room 14-340)
- Screening of Fahrenheit 451, Now Showing @ ALA Annual Film Program (8:00-10:00 p.m., ACC 304C)
- MONDAY, JUNE 25
- Screening of Wikileaks: Secrets and Lies, Now Showing @ ALA Annual Film Program (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., ACC 304C)
- IFC/AAP/REFORMA program on the Tucson Ethnic Studies ban (1:30-3:30 p.m., ACC 201D)