It’s not too late to register for Lawyers for Libraries in Los Angeles–the only Lawyers for Libraries training planned for 2009! The institute will take place on Friday, February 27 at the Westin LAX. To register, call (800) 545-2433 x4226 or visit www.ala.org/lawyers.
The Westin LAX is offering a discounted rate for attendees. **Note: The deadline to receive the discounted rate is February 11.** For room reservation details, visit the Lawyers for Libraries hotel page.
The Lawyers for Libraries institutes are intended for library trustees and attorneys who work with libraries. Librarians also are encouraged to attend, as long as they attend with their library attorney. The workshop is designed to teach participants how to create and implement policies that are in accordance with the law, and that protect the rights of library users, in the following areas:
- Attempts to remove material from library collections or shelves;
- Meeting rooms, display cases, literature distribution, and bulletin boards;
- Privacy and confidentiality of library user records, including what you need to know about the Patriot Act;
- Library computers, filtering, and 2.0 technologies; and
- Patron use and behavior policies.
Participants are eligible for CLE credits for this all-day program. The cost is $395.00 for one attendee; $745.00 for 2.
For more information, contact Jonathan Kelley at email@example.com or (800) 545-2433 x4226.