Happy third day of Banned Books Week! We hope you are enjoying the week by reading your favorite banned/challenged book! If you would like ideas on what to read, please check out our frequently challenged books section for some ideas. Other ways to get involved:
- Find an event in your community at: http://bannedbooksweek.org/events
- Follow us on Twitter at @BannedBooksWeek and Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/bannedbooksweek for the latest news and updates
- Add our Twibbon to your profile pic: http://twb.ly/432U2GAF
- Tape yourself reading from your favorite banned book during our Virtual Read-Out: http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/virtualreadoutsubmission
- Attend the SAGE/OIF Banned Books Week webinar, which takes place tomorrow, Wednesday, September 24, at noon (EST): http://www.oif.ala.org/oif/?p=5122
Our sponsors have also been busy planning events and rallying their communities. Learn more:
- American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression’s Banned Books Week Handbook and press release
- American Library Association press release
- Association of American Publishers press release
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Banned Books Week Tour
- Freedom to Read Foundation Krug-Sponsored Banned Books Week events
- National Coalition Against Censorship events
And now, without further ado, check out the video of Ana Castillo, author of “So Far From God,” “Loverboys,” and many more. Both “So Far From God,” and “Loverboys,” are two titles on the list in the banned book controversy with the TUSD in Arizona. For more Virtual Read-Out videos, check out www.youtube.com/bannedbooksweek.
For more information about Banned Books Week, please visit www.ala.org/bannedbooksweek and www.bannedbooksweek.org.